Pages

Saturday, November 19, 2011

2 in 1 Novella Day

 I have 2 new M/M novellas for you, today.  Enjoy!

Right Street, Wrong House

Author: Pender Mackie
Publisher: Silver Publishing
Date Published: October 29th 2011

Lewis goes to a Halloween party to try to meet someone new and get over his feelings for his friend Dylan. When he goes to the wrong party, he discovers why Dylan won't date him. But Lewis has secrets too, and maybe they might be more compatible than Dylan thinks.

Right Street, Wrong House is the latest novella by Pender Mackie.  I really enjoyed her first one, Scent of Attraction.  I was eagerly waiting for her new story and I was not disappointed. Lewis has been in love with his friend Dylan for years, but he decides that he can't wait around forever for his to return his affections.  It is time to get out and meet new people.  One simple twist of fate, brings him face to face with the object of his desire. 

I really liked Lewis and Dylan.  I think the thing that appealed to me the most is that they have been friends for so long.  Their attraction felt very real and not forced.  This is a quick read and I won't spoil it for you.  I'll just say that it is a great story that will leave you smiling in the end.


Roping His Man
Author: Simone Anderson
Publisher: Total E-Bound
Date Published: 

When a vacation yields an unexpected surprise, choices must be made and love hangs in the balance.

When Colton Greenleaf returns to his parents buffalo ranch after college, he doesn’t count on long-buried feelings resurfacing or the pull of the Wyoming mountains luring him home to stay. He tells himself its only for two weeks, that he can put up with anything for two weeks. But, when he comes face to face with the man of his dreams his first night home, he isn’t so sure. Now, he must figure out whether to take the chance on love or follow his life plan and face losing out on love all together.

Emmanuel Keegan, known only as Hawk, knows that he is ready to settle down. The only problem is that the man he wants is twelve years younger and the boss’ only son. Not only that, Colt doesn’t plan on sticking around any longer than he has to. Hawk knows following his heart’s desire could make him the happiest man on earth or it could shatter his heart for all time.


Simone Anderson is a new to me author.  While she has written several other short stories, this is the only one that I have read. I enjoyed Roping His Man.  Both characters were very real to me.  I liked Hawk's character and could understand his reservations about getting involved with Colton, especially given the age gap between the two of them.  I think Colton had a bit of growing up to do before Hawk could commit.  


Roping His Man is a very quick read. It is well written with steamy and tasteful love scenes.  I loved the ending, but I won't spoil it for you.  You will have to read to see if they can get their HEA.  Ms. Anderson has a talent for writing and I look forward to reading more of her works.  



1 comment:

Simone Anderson said...

Kari,

Thank you for taking the time to review Roping His Man, I'm glad you enjoyed it. I loved writing about these two men.

Simone.