Pages

Sunday, May 20, 2012

Red Sky Warning by Wendy L Young

Author: Wendy L. Young
Publisher: Self
 Date of Publication: November 2011


In this fast-paced follow-up to Wendy L. Young’s debut novel, Come the Shadows, the mystery deepens…


Will and Laura Harmon are trying to get on with their lives but are left reeling when a vicious hit-and-run sends Laura to the hospital. With all the recent changes in Campbell Creek Will has a long list of suspects – and few leads.


One thing is clear: Someone wants Laura dead and Will has to stop them in time.


But who from Campbell Creek’s shadowy past is behind the threats on Laura’s life and can Will figure out the mystery before tragedy strikes again?


There is a new mystery in Campbell Creek.  Someone is trying to kill Laura and Will  needs to find out who and why.  There is also a mysterious new neighbor who may or may not have something to do with it all.  It may also have something to do with the events of the year before.  Red Sky Warning is the sequel to Come the Shadows.  (My thoughts are on Goodreads here). I liked this one more than the first book.  I felt more comfortable with the characters and felt like I got to know them a little more.  I also felt like the pacing was better in this book.  I was sucked in right away.  

Will and Laura are a comfortably married couple who are still very much in love.  That was a nice change.  Their relationship made the sense of danger and urgency very believable.  I really liked their banter at times.  We also get to see more of Ricky and his wife as they navigate pregnancy and the complications that go along with it.  


Sometimes sequels can be stand alone books, but I wouldn't say that about this one.  There are places where I think the reader would be lost if they hadn't read Come the Shadows.  So, I recommend picking up that one first.  As in the first book, this one leaves some unanswered questions.  It looks like this is part of a trilogy, so I'm hoping that they are answered in the final book.  


This is a well written series and I definitely recommend it.  Try it out!





No comments: