Pages

Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Notorious by Allison Brennan

Author: Allison Brennan
Publisher: Minatour Books
Date of publication: March 2014

Maxine Revere has dedicated her life to investigating murders that the police have long since given up any hope of solving. A nationally renowned investigative reporter with her own TV show and a tough-as-nails reputation, Max tackles cold cases from across the country and every walk of life. But the one unsolved murder that still haunts her is a case from her own past.

When Max was a high school senior, one of her best friends was strangled and another, Kevin O’Neal, accused of the crime. To the disgrace of her wealthy family, Max stood by her friend, until she found out he lied about his alibi. Though his guilt was never proven, their relationship crumbled from the strain of too many secrets.


Notorious is the first book in a new series by Allison Brennan.  I am a fan of this author and was eager to start her latest series.  I thought this book was a lot of fun to read and I loved her new heroine!  Maxine Revere is an investigative reporter who has her own TV show in which she researches cold cases and tried to solve them.  She is back in town for a funeral and is quickly, if not a little reluctantly, drawn into two cold cases at her Alma Mater.  Are they related?

I was really intrigued by the both mysteries and how they gradually came together.  There were a number of suspects and scenarios, but not so many that they made it hard to follow.  Everything was well planned out and the solution(s) made sense.  As I said, I loved Maxine.  She is smart, has common sense and is a fierce fighter for justice.  She is definitively someone I would want to have on my side! I liked her assistant/body guard David as well.  I think they make a great team.

I definitely recommend this new series.  I look forward to solving some more cold cases with Maxine. I think I'll have to track down the prequel, Maximum Exposure to tie me over until the next book, Compulsion comes out next year.


No comments: