Pages

Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Mean Streak by Sandra Brown

Author: Sandra Brown
Publisher: Grand Central Publishing
Date of publication: August 2014

Dr. Emory Charbonneau, a pediatrician and marathon runner, disappears on a mountain road in North Carolina. By the time her husband Jeff, miffed over a recent argument, reports her missing, the trail has grown cold. Literally. Fog and ice encapsulate the mountainous wilderness and paralyze the search for her.

While police suspect Jeff of "instant divorce," Emory, suffering from an unexplained head injury, regains consciousness and finds herself the captive of a man whose violent past is so dark that he won't even tell her his name. She's determined to escape him, and willing to take any risks necessary to survive. 

Unexpectedly, however, the two have a dangerous encounter with people who adhere to a code of justice all their own. At the center of the dispute is a desperate young woman whom Emory can't turn her back on, even if it means breaking the law.


I really think that Sandra Brown outdid herself with Mean Streak!  I thoroughly enjoyed this book. The entire story kept me on edge and kept me guessing.  There were a number so many twists and turns that it had me second guessing myself all the time.  I thought the plot was very well planned out and information was doled out to the reader at just the right times.  I love when a plot has great timing. That is really all I want to say about the mystery because I don't want to give anything away.

My only complaint about the book was the act of infidelity on Emory's part.  I mean, yes her husband was a jerk and was cheating on her, but that wasn't any excuse.  That did bring my rating of the book down a notch.  You all know how I feel about that.  I did want them to be together, but not in that way that soon.  Still, ignoring that, I definitely recommend this latest book by Ms. Brown.  I look forward to seeing what comes next from her!

No comments: