Pages

Saturday, August 1, 2015

Books We Didn't Finish July Edition



Suddenly One Summer:  I kept waiting for these two to get together.  They don't really even meet up until about the middle of the book.  I almost felt like I was reading the background outline for the characters in the beginning. I made it about halfway through and gave up.  I got tired of being constantly reminded how much Victoria hated the idea of marriage.  Also the hunt for the one night stand guy was a bit too convoluted and ridiculous.  I did skip to the end was happy to see they both went into therapy together.  They needed it.

American Ghost: A Family's Haunted Past in the Desert Southwest:  It wasn't what I expected.  I ended up with a history lesson and I thought I was getting more of a ghost hunt story.  It was really boring.

Shadow Creek: I've had this one on my TBR pile forever.  I finally got around to reading it, but didn't end up liking the story.  The camping situation seemed just too unbelievable to me.

A Good Debutante's Guide to Ruin: I couldn't get past the fact that Declan is Rosalie's step-brother.  Yes, they aren't related by blood, but the fact that they kept bringing it up made it that much more icky for me. Plus, Declan was a major ass most of the time. I didn't care to finish it.


The Girl Next Door - This book reminded me of being at a party and not knowing anyone there.  I had no idea what was going on from the very beginning.  There were all these characters and I had no idea how they related to each other.  It was confusing and I didn't care to try to figure it all out.
White Horse:  This really seemed like a book I would like.  There was a plaque and a post-apocalypse setting.  However, the book was just sort of ho-hum.  I was getting aggravated with the slow pace of the book.  Answers weren't forthcoming in a timely enough manner for me.

The Program:  This book got such rave reviews.  So many bloggers loved it, that I thought I would love it.  However, I just couldn't get into it.  The whole suicide thing just wasn't doing it for me.  I'm just kind of worn out on the whole government wiping kids minds out thing...plus it was that start of another series/trilogy and I don't have the patience right now for that.

No comments: