Pages

Sunday, August 9, 2015

The Rumor by Elin Hilderbrand

by:  Elin Hilderbrand
published by:  Little Brown and Co
publish date:  June 16, 2015

Madeline King and Grace Pancik are best friends and the envy of Nantucket for their perfect marriages, their beautiful kids, their Sunday night double dates with their devoted husbands. But this summer, something's changed, and if there's anything Nantucket likes better than cocktails on the beach at sunset, it's a good rumor.

Ok, so it wouldn't be summer without an Elin Hilderbrand book.  I have to have my little escape to Nantucket every now and then to keep happy.  

This book was kind of fun because it dealt with something I'm sure we can all relate to: rumors.  In the book, Madeline and Grace are best friends, however they're both dealing with two very different problems over their summer.  Madeline can't write her book and Grace is in love with her gardener.  When Madeline rents an apartment for work space and Grace's husband is seen leaving it, the tongues start wagging in their little town.

I liked this book a lot.  I thought it was pretty funny.  There were characters from other books that made an appearance in this one, and that's something that I always like.  I can't wait for the next book to come out!

No comments: