Pages

Thursday, November 12, 2015

Throwback Thursday: Kitty and the Midnight Hour by Carrie Vaughn


Author: Carrie Vaughn
First published in 2005 by Grand Central Publishing

Kitty Norville is a midnight-shift DJ for a Denver radio station - and a werewolf in the closet. Her new late-night advice show for the supernaturally disadvantaged is a raging success, but it's Kitty who can use some help. With one sexy werewolf-hunter and a few homicidal undead on her tail, Kitty may have bitten off more than she can chew?


It's been a while since I have read any type of urban fantasy. I'm nto sure how I missed this series, but I was intrigued when I read the synopsis.  Kitty has been living secretly as a werewolf for several years.  When a joke on during her radio show turns into a syndicated talk show about the paranormal, her life is suddenly in danger.

This book was just OK for me.  I felt like I had read this story before.  It reminded me so much of the Anita Blake series and the Mercy Thompson series.  Had I not read those before this one, I might have liked it more.  The characters were just so so. Kitty was very wishy-washy and not consistent. I also was confused by the world building.  The werewolves and vampires live in secret in the beginning of the novel, but by the end it seems everyone knows they exist, but there is no upheaval among the humans.  Maybe I missed something?  I may read the next book because there was a story thread that wasn't resolved.  Hopefully the next book is better!

No comments: